Bio Shetland Red SH36
Bio Shetland Red
Colour: Red (36)
Per 50 gr skein
100 % wool;
Recommended needles 2,5 - 3,5 mm;
Per 50 gr skein, length approx. 280m;
Gauge 24 stitches x 36 rows on needles 3 mm;
Also very suitable for the loom;
GOTS certified organic yarn;
How many skeins do I need?
- Scarf: 2-3 skeins;
- Standard women's jumper or cardigan size 40: 5 to 6 skeins.
Please note that some patterns, like cables, require more yarn than a standard stockinette or garter stitch. Also, crochet usually requires approx. 30% more yarn than knitting.
Bio Shetland by BC Garn is a certified organic yarn. The GOTS standard includes:
- Controlled and animal friendly livestock farming;
- Cotton cultivation without artificial fertilizer or pesticides;
- Cotton harvest by hand;
- Biodegradable and pollutant-free dyes;
- Ethical production conditions with at least a minimum wage and without child labout;
- Prohibition of heavy metals, formaldehyde, chlorine bleach, PVC, nickel, chromium;
- Waste and wastewater prevention and treatment.